An italian streamer said a gameplay demo will be release on 25th! …but most likely private demo, not public😔 pic.twitter.com/XAWlLsIEc9
— ¡Coco! 🐔 (@iWanderr) July 24, 2020
Publisher Activision began teasing the announcement of a new Crash Bandicoot earlier today, as members of the press reported receiving a 200-piece puzzle that depicts the image of a new mask first teased in a November 2019-released PlayStation 4 promotional video.
“Crash is relaxing and exploring his island in his time, 1998, when he finds a mysterious mask hidden away in a cave, Lani-Loli. The mask is one of the Quantum Masks and apparently knows Aku-Aku, Crash’s mask friend! With the Quantum Masks returning and a Quantum Rift appearing near our heroes, they decide to bravely head through to different times and dimensions to stop whoever is responsible.”
Welp, we got a new tease and this time, it’s a proper one. This one comes in the form of a 200-piece puzzle that showcases the new mysterious mask, also seen in the “It’s Time to Play” PlayStation 4 ad, only this time its golden yellow instead of dark blue and cyan. And yes, it does have hourglass earrings and perhaps this one is different from the one seen in the PS4 ad.
Any who, there’s been a lot of speculation on when we can expect the announcement to be at and I think I have a good reason to believe it might be on Monday, here’s why:
- Geoff teased a “Surprise major AAA reveal” for the upcoming Summer Game Fest 2020 June Developer Showcase
- That showcase happens to be on a Monday at 11am ET, there’s a possibility that we would see it be revealed there given Activision’s marketing cycle has been more about shadowdrops, rather than just expected dates. Case in point: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Remastered shadowdrop release.
- In addition, Activision also likes to majorly reveal games and it would only make sense if it’s done this way, like the Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2 remakes reveal
- Even if the game’s not at the event, it’s still possible that they will reveal it on that day.
- In addition, Wrestleman, Shinobi602, NateDrake, and oriic on ResetERA’s mask thread are pretty much saying the same thing.
- The Crash Bandicoot account recently posted on a “Monday, Wednesday, Friday” social media pattern, it doesn’t strictly follow it but does so consistently, alongside the “Tuesday, Thursday” pattern, something Activision seems to prefer doing for their reveals/PR days.
So, yeah. This is what I believe and I will be updating this post if necessary.
If there’s any error or addition that you would like me to do, please let me know.