Earlier today, in Q2 2020 earnings conference call, Activision has stated in their own segment results the following bullet points that are related to Crash Bandicoot as of this quarter:
- Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time by Toys for Bob, coming October 2, touted as the first new instalment “in over a decade”
- The launch window is in Q4 2020, same as the upcoming Call of Duty.
- Crash Bandicoot: On the Run by King, an “ambitious new take on the runner category” with a “deep social and resource management elements”
- “Game is already looking great with ongoing testing”
- In a Q&A, King mentioned that they selectively pick titles, and they decided to go with Crash Bandicoot. Re-imagining the Crash universe as well
- Activision Blizzard intends to expand their teams so that they can create more games/products faster
- In addition, COVID-19 has impacted their marketing plans, and they would like to be more direct with their fans
- In the same Q&A previously mentioned, it is mentioned that they’re happy that “Crash is getting the talent and attention it deserves” and that Toys for Bob is “killing it” with the new game, doing an “excellent” job.
- And in addition, mentioned that” it’s a great time to be a Crash fan”.
That’s all for now. If there’s any error or missing info, let me know ASAP!