If you wanted to know how we usually look at sharing fan creations by other people, mainly on our Twitter account, here’s what you need to know on the criteria, it isn’t very strict:
- Art has to be something in the vein that can be viewed by the age rating between 13-17, there cannot be anything over 17, which means no “NSFW (Not Safe for Work)” content
- Suggestive content that fits in line with how the franchise tackled it might be shared, and the artist cannot ever post NSFW content of underage characters that are usually depicted as such (not even aged up).
- There has been suggestive themes in the franchise (sexual innuendos, sexy/older characters that might have muscles and some cleavage, jokes that flew past our minds, cross-dressing), and this is what is usually allowed to be shared, although in moderation given the fine line between that and more suggestive art and also since some content could potentially be problematic to share. This differs from piece to piece.
- Art has to focus on the vanilla or official aspects of the franchise, there will be a few times when ships or original characters will be shared
- There has been instances where art shared contained blood and foam, but this has changed due to the uncomfortable nature of it. There will be no non-cartoony violence or gore shared.
- However, there might be a few rare instances where it might be shared, but only very rarely does this ever happen. (Usually on accident)
- Art that contains swear words are allowed to be shared, but slurs or inflammatory terms cannot be shared. The new Crash game will tackle mild swear words like “Ass” and “Bastard”.
- Art that contains references to alcohol and smoking is allowed but is not usually shared given the family-friendly nature of the franchise, the new Crash game will tackle alcohol references.
- This is more personal, but art has to convey something interesting in its message or style, if you feel that your art deserves a showcase, then let us know.
Thank you for reading. This post might get updated over time since it is not an absolute reflection of how we do art sharing.
Based on feedback, I will be trying out some new things in order to decrease the amount of flooding and this type of post will be one of them. Binge Watch is a new kind of post that will collect select YouTube channels based on a major reveal event and curate them into a playlist, in which you can select your preferred channel and watch if you prefer to inform yourself that way.
Please note that this info is early and might be subject to change when the gameplay reveal commences on June 22, 2020.
If you want more changes to the site, please do not hesitate to let me know.