It’s been quite a while since Thumpin and N. Sane Trilogy have been out, many fans are now looking ahead to the future, positively, neutrally or negatively, we would like to ask you people on what would you want to happen next, based on popular demand?
Anniversaries: Crash Bash, 17 years ago for the PlayStation in North America.
On Saturday, we posted an article about an ongoing Extra Life livestream from Vicarious Visions, from the Cinematics Animator Tuan Nguyen and Kara (QA Tester), where he answered questions from people chiming in with a Developer Commentary playing Video Games with donations of Extra Life’s proceeds going to Children’s Miracle Network Hospital (Donate from this link). We’ve also got a couple of interesting bullet points that have been noted over the course of the livestream, listed below:
- Some information that was asked by several people on the livestream chatroom were not answered due to contractual and confidential reasons.
- There was no higher-ups in the livestream.
- Some things were “Above our pay-grade” as well
- Rilla Roo was acknowledged as an unmutated character from the Crash Bandicoot 1 cinematic cutscene as one of the two “Kangaroo” caged animals
- Pre-production did not start early of 2015 as Activision wasn’t keen yet on the idea of bringing back Crash Bandicoot in something other than the Thumpin Wumpa Islands Pack and as playable characters in Skylanders Imaginators
- The T-shirt tease by Shawn Layden wasn’t signaling for N. Sane, was rather for Thumpin Wumpa Islands Pack/Playable Crash/Cortex characters in Skylanders Imaginators as the form of Crash Bandicoot’s comeback
- They talked about how at first it was a “lie”
- Wrath of Cortex was not much liked according to Tuan/Kara
- They liked the BetaM Glitches Compilation as they have stated that they wanted some things to remain the same way as the originals
- Fake Crash’s new cameos was something everyone helped with at VV, making ideas of where to put him and choosing the best ones
- The Orange Gem in Crash 2 100% ending was an accident
- They considered some skin ideas, like Low Poly Crash and playable Tawna
- VV made their own reaction compilations for employees to see
- They’re also aware of the recent memes
- They are well aware of the criticism regarding the choice of font in N. Sane by responding to that inquiry with “Yeah, we can imagine”
- Tuan and Kara have not played the Spyro games
- They kept the Skylanders Crash dance in N. Sane Trilogy because it was something VV liked since it’s their own version and all
- There was some changes in the developer times of the Time Trials due to several adjustments done to the levels in N. Sane
- The unified Game Over screen was part of the decision made at VV to make the games consistent and connected
- VV hated the trailers and previews because they feared people would take them the wrong way. Like, how the different angles made certain things look jank and the slow gameplay from the PSX Trailer, as well as some things being way too early to show
Some of the bullet points were contributed by several other people and is not our own list, thanks to all of those who have helped us make the summary list of the livestream. If this list is missing anything or in need for some changes, inform us and finally, If you would like to be directly credited, please do not hesitate to let us know.
This is all the new information that Tuan Nguyen and Kara of VV provided us in regards for the questions regarding Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy development.
Update: Keymailer’s co-founder has spoken about the matter on Reddit via a comment, here’s what he had to say:
Keymailer co-founder here. This was news to me when I saw this thread. I reached out to the management team and apparently this is, sadly, an error on our side. The game was incorrectly tagged when we imported the upcoming releases.
Apologies on behalf of the company for any disappointment on this, as a Switch owner and a fan of Crash Bandicoot, I would have been as excited to play this.
Recently, due to a post on the Nintendo Switch’s Subreddit by 4k60fpsHDR, some news outlets have been spreading the news of “Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy listed for the Nintendo Switch”, which in the listing itself by a review code provider site “Keymailer.co”, did not clearly clarify the reasoning behind this inclusion on their website but did say that “the publisher [Activision] for that product is not on KeyMailer”, aside from the fact that it was first posted about on the Crash Bandicoot Subreddit a month ago by II_JumPeR_I, rugged under due to its inconsistency, doubted of trustworthiness or possible error on the site.
It is important to note that this post is to debunk the dubious notion about some “proofs” about the status of Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy’s PS4 Exclusivity, somewhat inconsistent but still remained set in stone for the time being communication of it staying that way, in no way or shape that is about the platform favoritism or elitism, even with arguments about brand awareness being linked to its value of being on a single platform.
Examples range from the earliest posts on NeoGAF by Infinitemadness way back in June 2016, to the Best Buy Canada Store Banner that was claimed by a store staff as “outdated and incorrect”. Retailers around the globe also got somewhat mixed messages about the exclusivity from Sony and Activision, leading some social media profiles like PlayStation Ireland to claim that it’s a “timed exclusive” after them saying it is “exclusive”, whereas some promotional material claimed that the game is fully exclusive.
Regardless of how this unfolds, please keep in mind that unless otherwise confirmed directly by Activision, Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy remains a PS4 exclusive for the time remaining, taking things like this with a grain of salt.
My personal take as an author on this is: unlikely to happen, unless proven otherwise officially by Activision or with a more substantial proof of a leak.
So December 3rd marks the release of official gameplay of the long awaited Crash Remasters. Yes, Crash is spinning into PlayStation 4’s in 2017 through Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy!
Today, I want to share my thoughts on what was shown today. These are my opinions and I hope you all enjoy my thoughts on Crash’s grand return!
This E3 we got the announcement that Crash Bandicoot is back! Remastered Collection of the original games being hemmed by the great team at Vicarious Visions and that same studio working hard on bring the orange Bandicoot to the world of Skylanders. With Crash in Skylanders, how is he going to work in Imaginators and is his inclusion a good choice on Activision’s and Sony’s part?
I have seen this camping before, to be honest, I don’t think it is going to take off regardless of number of supporters because Sony technically only has rights to publishing and using some of crash stuff, but does not own the IP, so chances of having a new game directly from Sony are very slim, UNLESS it is directly published by activision and co-published by sony, that would make more sense to me, but it is not viable due to the fact that Activision currently owns the IP
Anyway, I don’t think you should lose hope over my opinion if you are keen about this camping, or if you are a supporter of it, so go ahead and support it if you would like.
Also, those who may get upset or worked up about this camping, please not that I am just spreading by request by a couple of readers who requested me to spread this camping.
You can see more info at the link above though..
Posted from WordPress for Android