In celebration of Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled coming June 2019, why not talk about some quick things that recently came up with the major February 2019 hands-on preview reveal of the gameplay:
- Some of the Out-of-bounds shortcuts are being removed but as expected, all intentionally-designed shortcuts are being kept, courtesy of Nick Sherman at GameSpot
- They’re still considering adding a “no items” variant for races in online multiplayer
- Trying their best to make it control like the original, even to the lap times and time trials
- According to Nick, a few changes seem to have been made with the drifting and boosting. For instance, they shortened the burst time with the boost, noticeable on long straight turns. Coming off a drift just felt a tiny bit “off” with how they adjusted the turning radius after boosting.
- According to HeyImNatalia, there are new characters that will be introduced to Nitro-Fueled that were not in the original game, apparently, we will know when it comes out.
- Per Activision PR, the game will support these following languages: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish (Castilian), Latin American Spanish, Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, and Japanese. It does support 4K on Xbox One X and PS4 Pro, with all consoles except for the Nintendo Switch supporting HDR on supported TVs and Monitors.
- Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled started development a little over a year, based on educated guessing from N. Sane Trilogy’s development time, I can say that it started around November 2017, a little later after work on the N. Sane ports started since October 2017 if SteamDB’s history is anything to go by. Courtesy of PlayStation Blog’s article about the new gameplay.
- They were the ones to take the chance when Activision was looking for a studio to remake the game
- They are checking on online forums and we already know they are checking closely with the fans on social media
- According to an Arabic article by Mohammed Al-Basimi at TrueGaming, there is no confirmation on the final set frames per second for the game, even though current gameplay showcases only 30FPS. Hoping for Beenox to change this to 60FPS to make the experience even better!
- According to an Arabic interview by Sundus Al-Kabaaz at Saudi Gamer with Stéphane Gravel:
- Shortcuts will be usable online, same “expert” gameplay strategies will be achievable in Nitro-Fueled
- You will begin with 8 characters and unlock as you go through the Adventure Mode like in the original, no comment on Penta Penguin being playable, unfortunately.
- They’re still developing the workings on the matchmaking and cannot comment on it currently.
- No comment on a Beta trial or even for cross-play.
- Joe Pellicone of FanFest has recently made a small interview blog with Stephane Gravel, here’s what he had to say:
- Karts can be recoloured, changes to some new ones in the game, although they do not affect the character stats since they’re cosmetic only
- Several skins in the Nitros Oxide Deluxe Digital Edition is exclusive and will not be made available later via DLC or micro-transactions.
That’s all for now, this post is on-going and might get more information as we go through the months with new content and tidbits to include.