Okay, this is gonna be a bit of a shock for those who don’t want or like Crash Bandicoot talking or babbling but.. Crash Bandicoot actually talks in a Australian accent (he’s an australian anthropomorphic animal, jeez), it is overwhelming since this is the first time we hear Crash Bandicoot talk fluently in an official manner (TV show/Game).
Crash Bandicoot in Skylanders Academy appears before the end of Season 1 Episode 10 “The Skylands are Falling!” where the Doomlanders are talking over the Skylanders universe and Spyro gets stuck in a doomlander ball and gets out by accidentally spreading out the evil while bringing over Crash Bandicoot before he makes his final kick to Neo Cortex to save Tawna (Crash talks about the whole thing). Spyro and his friends must now find a way to bring Crash back into N. Sanity Island (Wumpa Island) while fighting the evil guys like Kaos (He’s obnoxious and cliche). Not to spoil too much but Spyro becomes a Crash Bandicoot fanboy due to his moves and being “cool”.
You can watch both episodes over at Netflix and see Crash Bandicoot’s debut on a TV Show for the first time in years ever since his absence from the gaming scene. There’s more after this part of the post but beware, it contains spoilers as well… Also, the show’s plot/Crash’s guest appearance are not canon to either of their lore or series, as per showrunner. Here are additional tweets regarding this if you don’t believe me: (#1 – #2)
Some notes from the episode (episode 11, he also appears at the end of episode 10):
- They heavily hint at Crash getting his own TV-show*.
- Crash openly talks about being “mutated” by Dr. Cortex, enhancing all of his abilities, i.e enhanced strength, enhanced stamina etc.
- In the episode Crash is pictured as athletic, cool/radical, a bit of a one-man-army and has a habit of doing “extreme” things like “extreme” entrances and rescues.
- Spyro admires and looks up to Crash for his “coolness”.
- The theme from Crash Bandicoot 1 can be heard many times throughout the episode (one of the characters even break the fourth wall and comment on the theme being catchy).
- Crash has a slightly rugged voice, with an Australian accent.
- Crash describes himself as a “lone wolf”, this being “his thing”, as opposed to working in a team.
*Note: Not a guarantee but we will see about that
SPOILERS AHEAD: Videos and Gallery from both episodes
10. The Skylands Are Falling! – 2016 | | SuperHDAn invention called the “evil-scope” allows the Skylanders to stop evil before it happens, but all the evil energy collects in a ball and traps Spyro.25 minutes – Oct 28, 201611. Crash Landing – 2016 | | SuperHDAfter Crash Bandicoot is somehow transported into their world, the Skylanders have to help him get home by finding a dark relic.24 minutes – Oct 28, 2016
- (Default, includes Described Video/Audio Description)
Other languages available when Netflix’s Profile Language is changed:
- Bokmål (Norwegian)
- Netherlands’ German
And other localized languages depending on the region/country. (Change the language to discover those localized options via the change profile options on Netflix, learn more)